Financial Planning & Analysis analyst
Purpose of the Role
Newly created Foods and Refreshments (F&R) business unit represent 40%+ of the Unilever business with a retail TO of 21 bn€ and clear growth and profit agenda. The F&R business has a complex portfolio consisting of both global brands and local jewels. This portfolio benefits from a growing footprint in D&E and an established consumer base in developed markets.
Our F&R business is competing in one of the most rapidly changing markets and this role is critical to ensuring the right investment decisions are being made – protecting value today and re-positioning our portfolio to growth and remain profitable in the future. Continuing to develop in emerging markets is critical, as is shifting our portfolio towards emerging habits and trends. Future development in Route-to-Market, white space opportunities, customization, and innovations that speak to health, organics, and responsible sourcing are all essential and finance will play a pivotal role in this shift.
These activities support a strong 2020 growth plan and are funded by margin improvement (5S programme) and better resource allocation (ZBB approach and capex return on investment).
In that context, transforming the way we do performance management is critical: with more local engagement through strategic key cells and more actionability with the Financial Growth Model Levers.
The F&R FP&A analyst will play a central role in landing this transformation and supporting the Performance Management Agenda of F&R.
The F&R FP&A FM will interface with the following stakeholders:
- F&R Performance Management Director
- F&R Global Finance team and Regional F&R finance teams
- Global Performance Management Team
- Drive the short term and long term performance management agenda in support to the Performance Management Director :
- Timely analyse and understand actual P&L performance
- Lead the PFM transformation agenda (Key cells / FGM levers)
- Contribute to Cat Strat : lead the financial growth model development
- Reply to ad hoc request from senior management on actual performance
Knowledge & Skills
- Financial acumen and accounting knowledge
- Strong engagement and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong Excel and financial system capability
- Ability to work independently and drive a project
- Strong bias for action, ownership and result-oriented
- 1-2 years’ work experience
- Financial experience
- Ability to deal with time pressure
- Experience managing a large and complex set of stakeholders
- Experience with financial reporting tools and strong excel capabilities
- Big Plus is knowledge of POWER BI
Sign up for new opportunities