REACH Compliance Specialist (WL1)
Unilever is committed to ensure that its products are compliant with legislation and that clear information is provided on their use and any risks that are associated with their use.
To translate the mission efficiently into action, and to ensure that Unilever complies with its own high standards as well as with the technical aspects of legislation, is the task of the Global Product Compliance (GPC) team. The GPC team is part of the Regulatory Affairs (RA) Organization in R&D.
The team supports the whole Unilever portfolio, deals with a high variety in compliance activities and interacts with various functions in Unilever.
The REACH compliance specialist will be part of the EU CPC (European Cluster Product Compliance) team. This position focuses on UK and EU REACH compliance of Unilever HC (Home Care) and BPC (Beauty and Personal Care) product portfolio in Europe.
For regulatory expertise and processes, the REACH compliance specialist will work closely with Unilever RA community, as well as with external consultants. He /she builds and maintains a strong network of contacts in Safety and Environmental Assurance Centre (SEAC), R&D, and Supply Chain including procurement.
The REACH compliance assistant manager identifies and prioritizes compliance risks and mitigates them, whilst adhering to Unilever’s non-animal testing (NAT) policy. This is done by
- Extending and optimizing the PSO (Professional Services Outsourcing, i.e. regulatory consultants) eco-system to support EU and UK REACH registrations and compliance
- Using Unilever’s optimized RA business processes to enhance product compliance
- Maintaining a strong internal cross-functional network and governance
- Advise and provide EU and UK REACH related support to R&D, supply chain and procurement
- Review internal information and documentation that is required for EU and UK REACH compliance
- Design and maintain processes and tools to support compliance
What you need to succeed
- Minimum bachelor’s or equivalent degree
- At least 2 years of experience with EU REACH or chemical regulation
- Experience in project management
- Experience in lead registration management is an advantage
- Independent, pragmatic and proactive problem-solving personality
- Excellent communicator, who can translate complicated information into business context
- IT skills (excel, document management and design, dealing with high volume of data)
- Proven track record of process management and successful process change management
- Working Knowledge SAP/PLM databases is an advantage
All about You
- You are an excellent networker. You are looking to understand the needs of your global partners and apply learnings and best practices from other teams to give superior support. You have the ability to influence and work with other functions. You love to solve problems in a team.
- You have an eye for detail. You have a passion for understanding the underlying facts whilst you are able to zoom out to see the bigger picture. You can see “beyond the data”. You are analytically capable and are tenacious, able to recognize, question and resolve discrepancies.
- You are very well organized, goal oriented, self-motivated, enthusiastic and confident