Global Assistant Media
Unilever is on target to achieve the huge ambition to double the size of its global business, whilst doing what is right for consumers, community and the environment. To remain on track, we must reach the right people and the right number of people as a priority by creating robust strategies that enable holistic channel planning and facilitate authentic and relevant brand communications.
The Global Media Team is critical to creating value from media investment through innovation, creativity, collaboration, strategic development and flawless execution of plans.
The Global Assistant Media Manager provides daily media expertise to Global Brand Marketing on communication channel plans for Unilever’s largest Global brands and cascades support to the full category.
The role involves working closely with, and helping to oversee the work of, the global media communications planning agency to drive implementation of Brand Engagement planning and Brand Experience Toolkits.
The Global Assistant Media Manager role is help drive media planning excellence with responsibility for capability building by sharing communications best practice, knowledge of media channels, as well as global competitive and audience insights and media-related news. The role helps co-ordinate, manage and keep up-to-date key reports, helps to co-ordinate and organise events and meetings, and is also accountable for producing reports and insights on media behaviours, campaign performance and media spend.
This role is focused for supporting the Nutrition and Ice Cream categories, plus driving the wider media agenda within the Global Media team and its affiliated workstreams.
The role currently reports to the Global Media Director.
- Excellent co-ordination and organisational skills.
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal, with stakeholder management skills.
- Good project management skills to support multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Good sense of curiosity in order to monitor all communications and keep up to date with projects.
- Proactivity, taking initiative to enable swift decisions to be taken.
- Provide daily media expertise to Global Brand teams on the creation of Global channel plans and assets for Unilever’s priority Global brands in the Category.
- Collaborate with agencies through input into Brand Experience Toolkits and planning process for key brands in the relevant category.
- Identify key channels and how to use them.
- Craft brand blueprints including target audience insights, must have channels, channel strategy/guidelines.
- Support the Media Manager/Director throughout the Brand Engagement process and Brand Experience Toolkit briefing, development, landing and embedding phases with local teams.
- Work with Brand teams within the category on a clearly defined Brand Experience Toolkit process (from brief to cascade), whilst collaborating with relevant stakeholders at each stage.
- Work with Global Brand teams to manage roster agencies in the development of campaign ideas and assets.
- Deliver the Media Point of View to Brand Teams (Marketing) through day-to-day communications, e.g., strategy on audience planning, DDM, social, video, paid vs. organic, Search, media best practice etc
- Take briefings from Brand Marketing and work with agencies to secure and deliver the competitive information required, managing the process throughout.
- Support WL2/3 in providing recommendations to the category teams.
- Connect effectively with Local Media Members for input on data/local media plans.
- Cascade expertise in iO media spend date while spending time with Brand to train them on producing basic reports.
- Deliver relevant reporting from key partners by overseeing their work and helping Brand teams to cascade any insights and recommendations to local markets.
Measure of Success
- Delivery of targets as per work plan.
- Effective collaboration between internal and external stakeholders within campaign/project processes managed by the Global Assistant Media Manager.
- Ability to work effectively, both independently and as part of a team.
- Delivery of functional excellence that secures the Brand or Category team’s confidence
- 2-3 years’ experience working within a media, marketing or digital Agency is preferred.
- Ideally work experience at a Global level.
- Strong working knowledge of media channels at a global level, with a focus on digital and content areas.
- Demonstrate excellent organisation & communication skills – must be a self-starter who takes initiative.
- Confident with Information management.
- Bias for action – demonstrate experience within a pro-active role
Driving Effectiveness & Efficiency
- In-Depth Audience and Brand Insight
- Deepen Media Expertise
- Optimise Media Planning
Driving Innovation & Partnership
- Generate Breakthrough Ideas
- Enable Creativity and Innovation
- Foster Partnership and Collaboration
- Embed Best Practice
Driving Strategic Thinking
- Turn Data into Insights
- Transform Insights into Action
- Drive Holistic Communications Planning