Payroll Compliance Lead
Unilever is proud of its tea business ekaterra, the biggest in the world, with world class purpose driven brands such as Lipton, PG tips and Pukka.
eka stands for unity and one purpose while terra stands for earth and nature. As ekaterra we are united in one purpose: growing a world of wellbeing through the regenerative power of plants.
Recently Unilever announced that it had agreed to sell ekaterra to CVC Capital Partners Fund VIII.
Present in more than 100 countries, ekaterra generated revenues of €2 billion in 2019. With 11 production factories in four continents and tea growing estates in three countries, ekaterra is a profitable and growing business offering a world of wellbeing with the regenerative power of plants to hundreds of millions of consumers. As a standalone entity, ekaterra is even better positioned to lead the industry with dedicated focus driving greater growth and value.
Under CVC’s ownership, ekaterra has an exciting future ahead with opportunities for increased investments in our brands, our people, and our capabilities. Combining the strength and scale of its global iconic brands with speed and agility, ekaterra is brewing a ‘corporate start-up’ mindset that’s opening-up new opportunities to flourish every day – both for its business, and its people.
At ekaterra, we work alongside people who put consumer love at the heart of every decision. Diverse minds who celebrate new ideas, share our values and the commitment we have for the wellbeing of all. In return, we create an environment that gives our people space and freedom, where they can grow as leaders. A connected community where ideas can thrive. Where you explore new challenges. Learning all you need to master your field, and even more about yourself.
Be part of this amazing blend. Join our team and help us grow a better world of wellbeing and a better you.
As Global Payroll Compliance Lead you will be responsible for supporting the Global Payroll Lead in ensuring adherence to Payroll Compliance; Audit readiness and support with continuous improvements as we embark on defining and implementing new ways of working for the newly created Global Payroll Team.
Your Key Tasks:
- Establish best practice for documenting payroll processes.
- Working with local and regional payroll team to maintain, update and improve process maps and process documents and develop documentation of existing and new process and procedures
- Work with local and regional payroll teams to identify process gaps; process redundancies and enhancement to the payroll process to deliver continuous improvement
Continuous Improvement and Projects:
- Support Global Payroll Lead in reporting metrics. Identifying trends/issues and put in place improvements to address these
- Support Global Payroll Lead by providing payroll expertise input to payroll projects; defining and documenting requirements
- Identify areas for development and ensure any training needs are met
- Provide day to day support to the regional and local payroll teams on any payroll activity. Including providing back up to support local payroll teams on payroll input and approvals
Audit and Compliance:
- Directly lead in all Payroll internal and external audits. Develop and solidify a Global state of operational audit readiness
- Ensure Internal Audit requests related to Payroll are met in line with compliance guidelines
- Work closely with regional and local payroll teams to ensure local payroll audit readiness and align to payroll governing framework
- Perform and monitor monthly internal controls to ensure integrity of the payroll deliverables and compliance
Key interfaces and relevant stakeholders for this role:
- You are member of the Global Payroll Team
- You report directly to the Global Payroll Lead
- You will work closely with Local and Central Payroll SME’s and the local People & Organisation team.
- You will work with the Global Compliance Team
- You will work with Implementation and Project Teams
Who are we looking for?
- Experience of working within a Global Payroll Team
- Strong operational experience, meticulous attention to detail and proven results that will enable continuous improvement of processes
- Good Stakeholder management and communication experience
- Experience in process mapping and workflows design
- High Level of analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple priorities and meet tight timelines
- Sound experience in Visio; Excel and document management
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter, energized, positive, innovative way of thinking
- Strong Organisational and management skills
- Fluent in English
- Driven, results oriented with great passion for tea!
The qualities we look for in you
ekaterra is made up of a special blend of individuals which make our teams exciting and diverse. To be part of our tea family we are looking for individuals who think Green and are environmentally conscious, who understand the power of simplicity and who are accountable for their actions. We want those who infuse mastery and passion in everything they do to create great products and unforgettable experiences for our consumers.
What's in it for you?
We believe that growth is for everyone, we believe in growing leaders and making space to grow an owner’s mentality and like nature we adapt, we change, and we grow. We believe in connections over hierarchies and (work)levels. We have a 'corporate start-up' approach; we act with speed and agility, and we have the strength and scale of a large corporation. We are building a better world of wellbeing and a better you.