Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home Care, Personal Care and Refreshment products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2 billion consumers a day. It has 161,000 employees. Over half (58%) of the company’s footprint is in developing and emerging markets. Unilever has more than 400 brands found in homes around the world, including Persil, Knorr, Dove, Domestos, Hellmann's, Lipton, Wall’s, PG Tips, Ben & Jerry's, Marmite, Magnum, Lynx and Axe.
Unilever R&D has built a new Global Foods Innovation Centre in Wageningen, the Netherlands. In this way Unilever creates critical mass in expertise areas to ensure that the technologies ultimately bring benefit-led, breakthrough innovations to the markets. In addition, we aim to evolve our R&D sites into innovation ecosystems to leverage the knowledge and expertise of external partners.
MAIN JOB PURPOSE
Are you driven to make employee experiences at Unilever as simple and delightful as it can be? Do you want to support people so they can be their best?
As HR People Partner you will play a key role in delivering a great employee and line manager experience by being the primary contact for a dedicated group of Line Managers and Employees. You are the partner to the employee and line manager to guide and support them on HR activities such as (international) moves, on-boarding, reward, special leave, illness, wellbeing, change management and (team) performance.
You love connecting with people, have good expertise and knowledge of (HR) policies, labor law and processes and are therefore able to provide (proactive) advice on all day-to-day HR activities. You are always drive to deliver a great experience and can leverage a network of HR experts behind the scenes.
You deliver a great employee and line manager experience everyday by:
- Partnering line managers to be the best leaders everyday and providing them with clear guidance and support
- Acting as single point of contact for employee challenges, developing close relationship with employees and line managers, and providing them with clear guidance. You make their life’s simpler and more effective.
- Finding the right approach for specific questions using our policies, available expertise, knowledge of laws and systems, social skills as well as your common sense.
- Knowing the employees and ensuring they know you. This allows you to be available for ad-hoc requests but also to address issues early on.
- Ensuring that employee policies, practices, and programs are consistently applied across the business.
- Owning and leveraging (personnel) technologies to deliver a great employee experience
- Managing a variety of employee transactions in HR systems end – to -end (e.g. Workday) and leveraging a network of experts behind the scenes to provide the right solution first time.
- Being involved in organizing and implementing workshops, HR (organizational) changes, health, wellbeing & development activities for employees, enabling them to thrive.
This job is a great opportunity for you when you:
- Have solid experience in advising and coaching line managers and/or employees on HR related matters (e.g. performance issues, job evaluations, conflict situations and questions on leave, pay, promotion).
- Are not afraid to push back when needed but driven to deliver an excellent end – to – end employee/line manager experience.
- Understand the bigger picture but have an eye for detail.
- Are pragmatic but thorough in doing your work and finding the best approach for every situation and spot opportunities for improvement.
- Have proficient and broad understanding of policies, labor law and able to navigate (complex) processes and systems
- Able to work independently whilst also enjoying collaborating with your colleagues.
- Love to work with (new) technology and are interested in HR trends and developments.
- Like to work in a dynamic, complex, international, and ever-changing environment
- Love to be part of great team of HR professionals.
- Fluent in Dutch and English.
- Minimal of 3+ years of relevant work experience
Diversity at Unilever is about inclusion, embracing differences, creating possibilities, and growing together for better business performance. We embrace diversity in our workforce. This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants and continuing development of all employees regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity