We are looking for a Privacy Programme Manager to join our team, working on an exciting global privacy programme. We will deliver a new way of working as part of our digital transformation, using personal data and state of the art technology to manage our interactions with our customers and employees and help us manage our data to make a difference. Reporting to the Chief Privacy Officer, this position will support the in country data protection advisors and data privacy champions on planning, developing and implementing privacy projects under the Unilever global privacy programme. This is a key role within a dynamic environment as it will provide support, focus and drive the team in a coordinated way to achieving its programme goals and facilitate task assignment across Unilever.
You will drive our group privacy programme across all territories, handling strategic implementation from Privacy By Design through to full assurance. You will take control of the various work streams, focusing in on the areas which need more attention to hit their deliverables, across all disciplines and pull the strands together to allow the Central Data Protection team to build on existing progress. You will address the operational challenges for such a project with crafted solutions which are fit for purpose and identify significant areas of added value beyond privacy. You will identify key areas of common ground for cross functional teams, aiming to build on existing goodwill for the programme.
You will be responsible for developing the strategic management delivery plan, associated commercial plans, business cases and programme management. This senior role will entail collaborating with a large multi-disciplined team of professionals whilst setting and monitoring key performance objectives, maintaining excellent communications and strong engagement with the entire team, including all third parties and other key stakeholders.
- Building out the individual project plans within the privacy programme and gaining endorsement of the defined target business outcomes
- Utilising professional good governance techniques to ensure that projects are managed within the time, quality and cost parameters set by stakeholders
- Ensuring the project is managed in accordance with the Unilever change governance practice. To that end, proactively manage the control processes including task planning, cost tracking/forecasting, risk/issues, change control, interdependencies, supplier management and status reporting
- To develop relationships across the functions and organisation in order to manage programme interfaces and ultimately the handover to the operational owners of intended change
- To create and deliver programme communications for multiple audiences with different needs. That is, transforming technical concepts/language into content which will be understood by different audiences from front line colleagues to leaders for the purposes of status reporting or business readiness
- To be able to facilitate workshops/forums with multiple stakeholders (from different areas of the organisation) in order to progress project activities.
Your experience will include:
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience in managing large scale privacy transformation projects, preferably in the legal, compliance or risk sector
- Understanding of privacy and data protection requirements and controls is a significant plus
- Experience in working with offshore teams
- Proven ability in delivering change projects from initiation to business handover
- Experience in designing presentations on complex topics to employees, clients and senior stakeholders
- Experience of having worked in complex environments whereby good governance, clarity and composure resulted in realising the business objectives
- Experience of working with teams virtually and across multiple time zones
- Agile methodology qualification advantageous
- Significant experience in use of Microsoft Office application suite with an emphasis on Microsoft Project, Visio and PowerPoint. Experience of using collaboration tools like Microsoft Teams and SharePoint Online will be advantageous
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of project and management processes.
- Have managed multi-disciplinary projects within Europe or internationally
- Plan and control work, chair and minute meetings and manage the flow of information on a day to day basis.
- Develop a project programme and monitor it
- Positively influence the management of privacy by design activities and the principles of good data governance
- Understand the procurement process and the influence of client requirements.
- Understand the importance of scope management and ability to manage a change control process on a day to day basis.
- Understand and apply the principles of risk and value management and use risk and value based thinking to make project level decisions
- Experience of large-scale change programmes within a fast-paced, high profile environment.
- Degree qualification (or equivalent) desirable, systems or other relevant subject strongly preferred.
- Project Management Qualification (either academic, professional or both) desirable;