Regulatory Compliance Assistant Manager
Unilever is committed to ensure that its products are compliant with legislation and that clear information is provided on their use and any risks that are associated with their use.
To translate this mission efficiently into action, and to ensure that Unilever complies with its own high standards as well as with the technical aspects of legislation, is the task of the Global Product Compliance team. The GPC is part of the Regulatory Affairs Organization in R&D.
The team supports the whole Unilever portfolio, deals with a high variety in compliance activities and interacts with many functions in Unilever.
The Regulatory Compliance Assistance Manager will be part of the GPC Foods & Refreshment (F&R) team and has the following responsibilities:
1. Structure Division specific compliance business processes:
o Analyse current and future F&R Division needs for compliance processes (e.g. raw material, formulation, artwork, registration and impact assessment)
o Identify opportunities to increase efficiency and/or quality of existing processes
o Get full engagement from F&R Division for the roll-out or implementation of automated and/or outsourced compliance processes or for the development of new tools
o Share successes between regions and provide input for business cases for new tools
· 2. Optimise compliance assessment of Unilever products by Cluster Product Compliance teams.
o Manage the key Division interfaces for implementation or improvement of outsourced or automated processes for Cluster F&R clearance activities, with support from GPC Process and Digital team
o Provide support to Unilever Clusters, CPC’s and Capability teams on the maintenance of these processes
o Train and guide CPC’s in specific expert judgements where the GPC F&R team members have built global expertise (e.g. packaging, pesticides & contaminants, labelling, data searches, PLM). This support might also be required during authority audits or other challenges.
o Understand and continue to develop such global expertise, with a focus on understanding and documenting cases of (mutual) acceptance or recognition of regulatory requirements between regions
o Conduct risk assessments related to import/export processes where suppliers are unable to provide sufficient documentation to confirm compliance outside their production region. This expertise is crucial for the CPC’s to provide proper advice to the decision makers in their business
o Coordinate the global regulatory review for business triggers (e.g. I/E, impact assessment, SC changes, acquisitions) impacting multiple regions, as a FPOC between involved Clusters/CPC’s and business partners (‘lead resolver’ role)
· Degree (min. HBO) or equivalent in Chemistry or Food Science and/or a relevant education in Business Processes
· 2- 3 years of relevant work experience would be a preference
· Working knowledge and/or interested to develop knowledge and understanding of current and emerging foods and chemicals legislation
· Knowledge of chemistry in relation to food and/or HPC products and familiarity/experience with GDC/RDCs will be an advantage (Basic Appreciation)
· IT skills (using spreadsheets and databases for analysis purposes, document management and design, dealing with high volume of data). Working Knowledge of SAP/ databases is an advantage, but training will be given
· Capable of understanding and developing business processes
· Attention to detail, tenacity, ability to recognize, question and resolve discrepancies
· Very well organized, self-motivated, enthusiastic and confident
· Good communication skills in English, both written and verbal. Major part of communication will go via virtual networks (Skype/Teams meetings, Chatter/Yammer groups, etc.).
· Ability to liaise with other functions within Unilever as well as external resources globally, ensuring their timely input to meet compliance requirements (capability to effectively work with different cultures and languages)
· Be able to communicate effectively and fluently in writing and speech about regulatory requirements and processes, internally and externally, with business partners at all work levels and in various disciplines and to function as a Global Issue Leader in an expert area.
1. Analytical ability;
2. Goal orientation;
3. External orientation