Assistant Brand Manager
Lipton is the biggest Tea brand globally and is part of the Unilever portfolio. It holds very strong market positions with well-established core brand values. The portfolio holds many different product platforms and is present in most countries in Europe.
Lipton Global marketing team is based in Rotterdam and is a dynamic, result-oriented, and engaging team of talents. The team is responsible to land new innovation projects and new communication assets to drive business growth and support the brand plans in the markets.
Main Job Purpose:
As Assistant Brand Manager, you will be reporting to a Senior Manager, giving support to innovation management and communication development, working directly with the direct docking countries.
We are looking for a candidate with strong accountability, bias for action and project management skills, combined with the ability to engage and proactively manage stakeholders.
For the first 6 months of 2021 a high peak of work is expected as several innovations are prepared to be launched for Q3 2021. One of them especially is related to the implementation of sustainable packaging across the whole portfolio of Lipton across Europe. The person will be in charge of leading the roll out of the new 2D designs and align claims with the market teams, as well as lead the implementation of the new designs across each country's portfolio. Close collaboration with agencies (design and artworks), suppliers (printers) as well as internal Supply Chain and R&D teams will be key; and this is what makes the role exciting.
- Lead the implementation of the new design & new packaging across Lipton portfolio in Europe
- Act as central point between the different partners and across Unilever’s functions involved (agencies and print suppliers, production planning, research & development)
- Collaborate with local markets’ teams to land the projects in each key EU country
- Support the development of communication assets to amplify the launch of the new products in market
- Manage the marketing budget for the relevant projects
Skills/ Experience/ Qualifications:
- Project leadership skills, including influencing skills and confidence with senior stakeholders
- Prior experience in a marketing role or in an agency, 1 – 3 years of marketing/customer development experience
- Passionate, ambitious & committed with “can do attitude”
- Love for consumers and products
- Creative thinker & problem solver
- Ease with numbers and business drive
- Strong interpersonal skills and comfortable to work in multicultural environment
- Bias for action and rigor to manage complex innovation initiatives
- Positive mindset, looking for solutions
- Collaborative mindset to build/maintain good relationships across functions, and taking into account international environment and different cultures
- Curiosity and pro-activeness
- Good customer/supplier relationship building
- Adaptability to changing context