EU Skin Care Assistant Brand Manager
Skin Care plays a key strategic role within Unilever's Beauty & Personal Care business and has been identified as an area with significant growth potential. Focused mainly on three complementary global brands; Simple, Dove and Vaseline, we are on a fantastic journey to accelerate their purpose while stepping up product superiority.
This role will consist of two key elements: 1/ Participate in defining the Skincare category strategy for Europe, both in terms of innovation and renovation and in relation to the increasingly important role our GM improvement program plays to ultimately drive Unilever’s Fundamentals of Growth. 2/Ensuring that the category operates within Europe efficiently with clear priorities, communication and frameworks.
We are looking for a future thinking experienced marketer, with a passion for strategic thinking to build a compelling and clear strategy for Skincare Europe that will inspire markets and supporting functions to prioritize skin care and drive sustainable, profitable and consistent growth. The successful candidate will have to show excellent communication, relationship and stakeholder management skills as this individual will represent Skincare Europe in different forums and will need to influence several parties, from global to local brand teams, the European cross-functional team, peers and senior stakeholders.
In addition to the category responsibilities, this individual will lead some projects (innovation, renovation or GM improvement initiatives) and will coach the team on project management when it makes the most sense to lead the project from Europe.
· Manage category renovation & GM improvement projects for brands such as Vaseline, Dove, Simple
· Maintain strong collaboration between global and local brands and markets.
· Performance report of category & key brands
· Competitive intelligence: on specific innovation projects, making a report of what competition is doing (packaging, pack size, claims, pricing, design…)
· Support category leader on all GM improvement related projects.
· Support category sustainability agenda
Requirements / Skills:
· Marketing experience at least 1-2 years
· Project management experience
· Good business acumen
· Strong bias of action, being able to be creative in finding solutions alone or asking the help from relevant people
· Strong accountability and responsibility
· Develop an eye for beauty and category knowledge
· Have a good basis of analytical skills
· Be a team player
· Confident MS office user - Excel, Power poin
· Coupa / Easy Budget user is a plus
Required languages: English - fluent
This role is reports into EU Brand Manager Skin Care based in Rotterdam office (Weena/Hofplein). This role is a temporary assignment starts form January to mid May 2022. No travel is expected.